Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Super Bowl



Its superbowl week..... A mans REAL fathers day... Big screen TV, Beer, Food and Friends

I'm not a football zealot.. I don't buy the NFL package on Dish or play fantasy football at work. I played in High School like a lot of men, but those days are long in the rear view mirror.. I Am a NY Football Giants fan however, when their season is over my interest easily goes to the NBA NY Knicks or the NCAA (Duke blue Devils / UNC TarHeels..... a house divided)... This time of the year, I also have an eye on Florida and the NY Yankees beginning spring training.. I guess I'll always be NY Born, NY Bread, Yankee fitted until I'm dead...

With all of the hype surrounding the game and people making plans for Superbowl parties. I want to discuss not so much the game but the ladies... I don't know anyone who REALLY watches the superbowl.. It's sort of like a big tailgate party.. A social event..... Yes the game is on, but no one is really paying attention to the play by play at a superbowl party.. Most times the Game is anti-climatic given all of the hype..

Given that its more of a social event we must not forget as Gentlemen not to leave the ladies out...  This is no time to let your boorish behavior come out... sights, sounds and smells coming out of every orifice of your body is just not cute. Gorging on all of the food and drink without taking time to consider others may want those buffalo wings is not only uncivilized but inconsiderate as well ...

I'm not saying squash your fun... or even be something you're not.... Just take a look over your shoulder and consider the women who will be at these superbowl festivities and consider their comfort... Being a gentlemen isn't only about what you do on a date... Its about taking time to consider others as you move through life.. Offer the ladies something to drink, make sure they have enough to eat and don't allow your male friends to be rude or inconsiderate..... If you're going to married friends or a females home for your superbowl festivities... Ask if you can help in some way, and bring something... do not arrive at someones home empty handed...

Remember Gentlemen... we're trying to move the standard beyond the vulgar obnoxiousness...

Enjoy your superbowl... but don't stop being a Gentlemen..

Editor - DNYC

No comments:

Post a Comment