Sunday, April 17, 2011

Holy Week 2011


Gentlemen, This week is holy week, Beginning with Palm Sunday and ending with Resurrection Sunday. I refuse to use the term Easter because the term and the holiday are both pagan in its origins.

Nevertheless, Little over  2011yrs ago Christ entered Jerusalem with the cheers of the crowd.. The Sanhedrin made up of Pharisees and Sadducees were threatened by this. There was a paradigm very much like today where those in power sought to maintain power. They were so bound by the law or the word of God, they couldn’t see the spirit of the law or the man who exemplified that law.

I am a Christian, A disciple of Jesus Christ, Son of God… Many do not believe this to be the case and I respect and honor all religious faiths around the world. Christ said himself,  John 10:16 (NIV)   I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.”… It would be presumptuous and a bit arrogant to believe that only Christians will enter heaven… Christ will make a way for all humanity..

Gentlemen, this week being holy week, perhaps you all should take a moment to reflect on your lives.. I’m not here to castigate or criticize… nor am I here to beat you over the head with scripture… I do want each man to examine himself. Search your soul and determine if the life you’re living is made better or worse by the decisions you’ve made

Fifteen years ago, I made a decision to walk a journey with God that has proven to be fruitful and at times arduous…. I’ve asked for strength and the Lord took me through trial and test to give me a testimony…. I asked for protection and he allows me to rest in his arms… I asked for guidance and he extended his hand.. Scripture says “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” Matt 7:13-14 (niv)…. Fifteen years ago, I decided to walk through the narrow gate and continue that walk today..


I stand here today not because of me… but because of HE…. I AM the son of the great I AM…. I don’t let anyone define me, nor am I beholden to anyone… I know who I am, and who's I am...

It becomes kind of obvious…. Those who rely on self because they  don’t think that God is Jehovah Jireh  (provider of all their needs)… They allow the facts to dictate their faith, they do not trust God. You've heard them griping about fuel prices, unemployment or the economy... they've placed their treasures on earth, not on things eternal.... Contrast, Those who rely on God to sustain them are sustained by the God who honors worship… blesses faithfulness, and desires his people to seek his face… Those who trust God for their needs, need nothing.... The prayers of the righteous availeth much in the lord.... Who are you praying to... who are you trusting... you are you believing to make things right.... There's only one who loves you... He sent his son to die on a cross for you, why do you reject him...

I had a friend say to me a year or so ago that God’s favor is on your life. Such statements humble me… My walk requires me to seek Gods face… My walk requires me to live for his approval… I’m blessed not because of who I AM, but because of who I worship

2011yrs ago the Son of God hung on a cross and poured out his blood to wash away my sin.. I cannot nor will not say that I’m perfect, but my goal in life is to face my judgment with my Heavenly father saying “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness”… Matt 25:23 (NIV)

Gentlemen, each one of you will have different challenges, trials, and tribulations.. But when you decide to make a walk with God, he will provide for you, sustain you, humble you and bless you…

In the end, I’m grateful for the sacrifice on the cross.. I walk this walk because one man who was blameless sacrificed all for me to live...... That's real..

So I live… God Bless you

Namaste - Editor

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful post DP! This brings tears to my eyes. Who couldn't love a Savior like this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you..... Just reflecting on the week and how my life has changed...

    ReplyDelete