Friday, March 18, 2011

I've got 99 Problems, but a chick aint one!!



Gentlemen, there’s a lot that we must contend with. Office politics, Corporate success, financial pressures to make more money, and competition…

Whoever said that being a man was easy wasn’t a man… Like Atlas, the weight of the world is on our shoulders. We don’t get an opportunity to rest and even in our leisure time we’re contemplating what’s next

This isn’t a gripe or complaint, I know many men who love their life and personally I wouldn’t trade mine for a minute.. Yes, there has been struggle, trial, and test… however, my testimony gives me a sense that my God stands with me.. Life is good when you love God, Allah, Jehovah, Yahweh … or whomever you worship

Dating on the other hand and navigating the sea of women we all seem to encounter can be daunting, challenging and ultimately rewarding if you discern correctly

I’ve met women who quite honestly were not feeling me. For one reason or another I’ve heard a litany of “reasons”… from “you talk white” to “you’re too light”… I’ve heard you’re corny, proper and too polite… I’ve heard you’re getting ahead of yourself emotionally as well as you seem to know what you want, and I don’t

Whatever the reason, time always reveals the best and worst in people. Most of those who rejected me I’ve contemplated were never intended to be in my life… Wipe.. Flush… Don’t stand around to watch the bowl spin.

Success, however, seems to attract like a magnet. It’s amazing that those who didn’t want you when you’re on the bus or the train… all of a sudden see you when you push up in a luxury car…. Gentlemen, I’m not disputing the reality that women desire financial, emotional, and physical security… I’m simply saying when you’re successful…. Yeah, your options open up widely

The life issues, or problems that we as men contend with daily can either make you cry or give you the strength to get up and get moving. The woman of your life however should be a compliment to your life

For the most part, I sit back and observe women…  I have 3x more female facebook friends then male. In observing just my facebook friends I’ve witnessed the birth and abortion of relationships… I’ve witnessed women using facebook as therapy… I’ve witnessed women venting about dogs and foul trifling men THAT THEY CHOSE… YES THEY CHOSE… that man didn’t force himself into that relationship.

Even those I might have been interested in at one point, in observing their facebook wall and seeing how damaged they were by what they said… I immediately pulled back and most will never know of my interest..  why should they

Truth is, It took me a while to get my life in order emotionally, financially, spiritually, entrepreneurially, and career wise… It has been said that trying to fix broken glass only gets you cut!!!  So, Gentlemen my advice to you … No matter how fine she is… no matter what her attributes are…. DISCERN HER CHARACTER…  failure to do so will leave you as broken as the woman you are pursuing…

For the record, the woman that captivates your interest should accept you for who you are… and you should accept her…  Two half empty cups can never be full unless one is drained… Don’t be left drained Gentlemen..  She should compliment your life not take from your life, she should be a blessing to you… and quite honestly, if she’s not … leave her where you found her..

She may not be right for you… but she’s perfect for someone else..

Video: Jay-Z - 99 Problems

Enjoy the above video... and don’t let someone else’s problems become yours

Editor – DNYC

1 comment:

  1. I am going to give this an AMEN because in your previous blogs, you have given men great self - improvement goals to strive for...having said that I hope that men honestly (without the Superman ego/complex) determine who they are and the supportive role women have played in their lives, with little to no regard of their success.

    ReplyDelete